The biggest new normal, transformation from Traditional Commerce to eCommerceMay 06, 2021
With the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19 / SARS-COV-2) pandemic, the world has changed its behaviour and attitude toward the day to day life. With COVID-19, the world is fighting a health pandemic as well as an economic pandemic, which have till now impacted trillions of dollars of revenues. The impact of the coronavirus is being felt by all businesses around the world. Leaders are navigating a broad range of interrelated issues that span from keeping their employees and customer safe, shoring up cash and liquidity, reorienting operations and navigating complicated government support programs. In this pandemic time, due to all the continuous lockdown and curfew, the small scale business got badly collapsed, especially businesses those who deal in non-essential services.
Nowadays, none of us prefers to walk out of the house for shopping. All of us wanted goods to be delivered to the doorstep. This lead to the promotion of Online Commercial Platforms on in simple words eCommerece.
Reasons why one should shift from traditional commerce to eCommerce.
- No need for physical establishment, one can use the house as a warehouse from where he/she can do direct delivery by taking order online via their website.
- Increase the global reachability. In traditional business, the business owner is limited to the city or district. But via online medium, the business owner can increase his/her service area.
- Digital platform gives an easy-shifting of the business domain, one who starts selling books can now sell electronics or can sell many other things. As on digital platform physical, shoop infrastructure is not mandatory.
- On eCommerce, the business owner has a proper analysis of user engagement, sales, revenue. It also gives the prediction for future sales.
- As no physical shop is required, so no extra human resource is required, which helps in saving the cost of time and money over the operations of a physical store.
- Digital platform gives both customer and business owner a privilege to operate round the clock.
- Stock can easily be managed over the digital platform, also the inspection or audit of the business can be done easily.
In the last two years, many small businesses have shifted towards eCommerce via some eCommerce platform or by developing their website. But shifting to an online platform is a very big challenge for the business owner, the reason being, on a pre-established eCommerce platform, the owner has to pay fees on their per order transaction and cannot customize it fully according to the requirement. The other way to move on digital is by creating their website, but this cost them very high fees for launching their business online due to lack of technical knowledge and launching strategy.
Here at CSI World, we just don’t jump into the development or the costing of the project. We first connect with the business owner idea and vision. This helps in proper requirement analysis and data gathering for the research and scope creation. By doing this, the business owner gets an optimal solution according to the demand and market segment.